Breakfast is key in our house, we are not the type of family to skip it, EVER. We love getting up in the morning and eating to fuel ourselves for the day ahead.
In the week breakfast is simple but healthy. At the weekends we take our time and make breakfast a treat.
This isn’t really a recipe as such, more a meeting of wonderful foods on your plate. The only things that need cooking are the eggs that need poaching and the streaky bacon which needs grilling.
One good thing about this breakfast is that its filling, and I usually accompany it with a good green smoothie, which sets me up for the day. It also energises me after an occasional late Friday night and a cheeky glass of prosecco.
This breakfast really ticks all the boxes. The bacon adds that treat (I would only eat bacon as a treat every now and again). Notice I only have one bit, as streaky bacon can be salty so I find one piece to be enough.
You have an array of vitamins and minerals in the avocado, kale and tomatoes so it is a perfect start to your day.
- Half an avocado
- Streaky bacon
- Rye flaxseed bread from Biona
- Egg poached
- Olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Chilli flakes
- Himalayan salt ( sea salt) a pinch
On this one you can pretty much copy the picture I have provided.
- Slice the avocado and arrange on the plate,
- Dry fry or add a tiny amount of coconut oil to fry the bacon to a nice crisp.
- Cut the rectangle bread in half and plate it up as above.
- Grab a handful of kale and place in boiled hot water and leave for 3 minutes. Drain, and then rinse with filter water or water.
- squeeze off the water add a tiny pinch of sea salt. Place on one of the pieces of bread. Add poached egg which has been boiled in water and teaspoon of cider vinegar this binds the eggs well.
- On the other side add tomato place bacon on top.
- Mix together 1 tablespoon of olive oil and lemon juice drizzle on top of the avocado sprinkle with chilli flakes and et voila!
- Enjoy this breakfast with a delicious and healthy smoothie and a cup of green tea and watch your skin glow!