With my constant strive to feed my kids good, healthy, natural food this recipe wins hands down! Not only is it a delicious Chicken dish for all the family to enjoy but my children are huge fans. We eat it with rice and a simple salad. I love that it contains, ginger, garlic and honey which are all added to the brown miso with liquid amino, and a squeeze of lemon once cooked to pop out the flavours. I marinade it in the morning and leave it all day until dinner time. By doing this the flavours are intensely absorbed making it all the more delicious. However, if you forget don’t worry, you will still obtain some wonderful flavours. For a healthier alternative to rice, try noodles they make a perfect complement.
- 2 Organic fresh chicken thigh (6 or 8 pieces)
- Thumb size of ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 tbsp brown miso (clear spring)
- 3 tbsp liquid amino or tamari
- 1 spring onion chopped small
- 1 teaspoon of black sesame seeds (or normal ones) for once it is cooked. Sprinkle on the finished dish
- 1 tsp honey
- squeeze half a lemon
- Except for the chicken, spring onions and lemon add all the ingredients together. Once thoroughly mixed together, add the chicken and use your hands to really coat in with the marinade.
- Leave overnight or for a whole day morning to dinner to let the marinade sit.
- Once out of the fridge, add lemon before you cook.
- Place in a baking tray and cook on 180 for 40 minutes checking to see if it’s cooked as all ovens are different.
- Once plated add spring onions and sesame seeds to finish.
- Serve with brown basmati rice or cauliflower rice and a green kale broccoli salad.