One of the reasons I am not vegetarian is because I like chicken. I really do enjoy most meals which include it.
Nowadays though I am a lot fussier with how I buy it. I like organic chickens which come from lovely farms and have enjoyed there lives.
The meat has to be good and contain no nasties.
I discovered this dish and have been making it a lot, because its really easy and it tastes so good. I can pop it in the oven and get on with other bits and pieces. If you are a multi tasker then add it to your weekly menu.
The ingredients are easy to assemble, and almost all the time I have the ingredients around to be able to make this dish.
This is a very easy baked chicken which packs a mean punch of flavours with real goodness from the antioxidant paprika and garlic, the smokey and spice is a delicious combination.
If you add sweet potato wedges to it they are packed with nutrition. They are a great source of minerals such as manganese, folate, copper, and iron. The darker-colored variety is a great source of carotenes , vitamins C, B2, B6, E and biotin.
Its something you can do midweek for a family, or when entertaining at the weekends add a lovely salad to complete the meal.
- One whole organic chicken
- 6 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 sweet potatoes cut into wedges
- Grab a saucepan and add the coconut oil, melt it on a medium heat, meanwhile put the oven on make it 200c.
- Add the garlic and paprika and make it into a hot paste.
- Pat dry the chicken and place in a roasting tray. Once the paste is done turn off.
- Pour the mix onto the chicken and grab a pastry brush and make sure it is all covered with the paste.
- Pop into the oven at 200c and roast for an hour. Take out and add the wedges to the bottom turning the chicken and add in on 180c for another 45 minutes check chicken is cooked with skewer. When ready serve with wedges and a green salad. Delicious!