This lunch is good for midweek. If you have friends visiting it is quick, easy and impressive. Although cooked it still retains goodness as there is no boiling involved just a little cooking in the oven, enough time to bake the eggs.
I make this on a regular basis. This can feed up to 4 people for lunch and is enough for you and your friends to leave them feeling satisfied as well as full of energy.
When I make this I vary the ingredients, depending on what I have in my fridge. I can be known to add at least 5 or 6 different kinds of vegetables.
- 4 eggs
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 handful of kale
- 1 handful of broccoli
- 1 handful of red cabbage
- 4 slim sliced cauliflower steaks
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- Himalayan or sea salt to season
- Preheat oven to 180.
- If you have a cast iron frying pan melt the coconut oil add the garlic and cook on low to avoid burning.
- Add vegetables that take longer to cook like broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower.
- Then add kale, and spinach last, cooking them all for about 7 minutes.
- Once they are out of the raw state, break 4 eggs side by side, and then place in the oven. I like runny eggs so I cook for about 10 to 14 minutes. Keep checking and don’t worry if the white always looks a little see through as this is normal.
- Pull out of the oven, let it cool down and then place in the middle so everyone can help themselves. I sometimes serve it with red rice and millet, where I add diced avocado and cucumber. I prepare a nice dressing of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and honey that works a treat.